Website Allied Steel Buildings, Inc
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for executing all (domestic and international) daily logistical activities. This role is created due to the strong business growth and exciting business expansion plan. The coordinator will oversee and manage the logistics flow of pre-engineered metal buildings from factories to construction sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The ideal candidate must have at least three years of experience in handling ocean and/or ocean freight shipments and documentation.
- Annual budget of ~$1.5 million dollars
- Responsible for obtaining, generating, updating and maintaining all necessary domestic and international freight and customs documentation
- Knowledge of all U.S. customs, IATA and TSA regulations, requirements and documentation
(Air waybills, Bills of Lading, DG declarations, SEDs, Manifests)
- Book necessary space with different service suppliers to the destination of interest.
- Coordination of freight and transfers between facilities, knowledge of bonded procedures.
- Responsible for all aspects of routing and carrier activity to ensure on time deliveries to our order fulfillment
- Responsible for PO coordination including interaction with partners/vendors/suppliers, internal key stakeholders, and 3PL’s / brokers
- Review, validate and prepare all invoices to be approved by the management
- Research and resolve all freight, invoicing issues, resolve missing/damaged inbound shipments
- Responsible for timely coordination of returns and credits including final disposition
- Responsible for generating, distributing and maintaining all logistics related KPIs using internal and external systems such as MRP, Excel, 3PL, etc.
- Maintain shipment information up-to-date and organizing logistics files manually and electronically
- Proactively seek out problems and developing solutions for efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Develop and implement of a comprehensive transportation guide
- Assist with other logistics related functions and projects as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or related experience in logistics, supply chain
- Advanced proficiency with Google Suite or Microsoft Office Applications (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Strong organizational, time management, problem solving, and professional writing skills
- Ability to navigate assignments with competing deadlines and multi-task effectively and accurately
- Ability and experience using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Languages: Fluent in English and Spanish. A third language is a plus.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org